- What’s your favorite season and why?
- Do you have any particular ‘seasonal activities?
- Which do you like better – hot weather or cold weather?
- If you could live in any kind of climate, which would you choose? Why?
- What have been your most memorable weather experiences? (scary, unpleasant, beautiful?
- Have you or people you know experienced a natural disaster?
- How does weather affect your mood? Do you suffer from S.A.D.?
- Do you remember the first time you saw snow?
- What are your feelings about climate change?
- How often do you check the weather forecast? Every morning/evening?
- Can you read and understand weather maps along with all the signs and symbols?
- Do you have a favorite weather person on TV?
- What is the hottest/coldest natural temperature you have experienced?
- Have you ever had your holidays ruined because of bad weather?
- Have you ever been through a storm on a plane or at sea? Has that experience given you a fear of traveling by air or sea?
- How do you feel about being in the sun? Do you wear sunblock, wide-brim visors, or other protective items? Use a parasol? Do you burn easily? Have you ever been seriously sunburned?
cyclone 집진 장치
muggy 찌는 듯이 더운
sizzling hot 지글 지글 핫
tidal wave 조석 파
- Any port in a storm
when an emergency any solution will do, even one that would normally be unacceptable.
- Calm before the storm
A quiet time immediately before a period of violent activity or argument
- Chase rainbows
when someone pursues something that they are unlikely to achieve.
- Cloud on the horizon
seeing a problem ahead
- Come rain or shine
a person will do something or an action will happen regardless of challenging obstacles
- Dry spell
when someone is not being as successful as they normally are.
- Every cloud has a silver lining
finding something positive in a negative situation
- Fairweather friend
a person who is always there when times are good but forgets about you when things get difficult
- Get wind of
to hear or learn about something, especially if it was meant to be secret.
- Head is in the clouds
someone who has unrealistic, impractical ideas or is not focused on what is being discussed
- In a fog
confused, dazed, or unaware.
- Into each life, some rain must fall
difficult or unfortunate things will happen to everyone at some time.
- It never rains but it pours
when bad things happen, they go very wrong.
- Know which way the wind blows
to know how things are developing and be prepared for the future.
- Not know enough to come in out of the rain
Someone who doesn’t know enough to avoid a difficult situation
- Rain on your parade
when someone ruins others’ pleasure or plans.
- Seven sheets to the wind
to be very drunk
- Shoot the breeze
to chat in a relaxed way.
- Steal someone’s thunder
to take the credit and praise for something someone else did
- Stem the tide
trying to stop something unpleasant from getting worse..
- Take by storm
to gain sudden acclaim or popularity
- Throw caution to the wind
to engage in risky, careless behavior
- Twisting in the wind
to be on your own after being left without help or support
Image by coolvector on Freepik
Leave a Reply