- Dan Pink: The Puzzle of Motivation Ted Talk
- Pink’s Autonomy, Mastery and Purpose Framework
- What almost 150 studies say about how to motivate students
- intrinsic motivation
- extrinsic motivation
- What motivates you to spend your time the way you do?
- What kinds of rewards or benefits do you receive for various activities?
- Do you think of yourself as a ‘motivated person’. How so and/or why not?
- What things do you do for reasons of intrinsic motivation? What are the rewards?
- What things do you do for reasons of extrinsic motivation? What are the rewards?
- Compare how you feel when doing things for intrinsic vs. extrinsic reasons?
- How might you overcome these obstacles?
- What motivates you as a student?
- What motivated you to make recent decisions?
- What would an education system that embraces intrinsic motivation look like for teachers and students?