- What will you do during Chuseok? …and the long holiday weekend?
- What are your favorite holidays? …your (best, worst, funniest, scariest, etc.) holiday memories?
- What special Chuseok or holiday traditions does your family have?
- What are the different gender roles during holidays? Have they changed over time?
- Is your family emotionally and/or physically expressive and/or affectionate?
Do you hug each other? say ‘I love you’? yell when arguing?
- What’s more common in your family – compliments or criticism?
- What is unique or unusual about your family? Is there a black sheep in your family?
- How is your mother’s side of your extended family different from your father’s side?
- Who is your favorite relative? least favorite? craziest?
- Will you spend (or receive) a lot of money during the holiday? How so?
- How does your family conduct the memorial ceremony (차례)?
- If/when you or your spouse are in charge of 제사 ceremonies, how will you conduct them?
- What are you most thankful for during the past year?
- Which holidays have you celebrated outside of your home country?
If so, which ones were most impressive and/or memorable?