Social Media Discussion Questions
- Which social networking sites do you use? Why those? or why don’t you use any?
- On which sites and apps do you rate things or give feedback?
- How do you decide whether to ❤, ????, or ???? something?
- Do you think ‘personal ratings’ are a good idea? Why or why not?
- What about as part of the gig economy or service sites like Uber?
- What information are you comfortable posting publicly? with sns contacts?
- What motivates you to post things online? What do you post?
- Does using SNS result in any stress, self-doubt, or insecurities?
- Do you have friends that are primarily ‘online friends’?
- What have been the most meaningful experiences you’ve had online?
- What have been some of the worst experiences you’ve had online?
- How much do you notice or care about who and how much people respond to your posts?
- How do you feel about interacting with your parents and other family members online?
- Is there any difference between the ‘real you’ and ‘social media’ you?
- Do you know people whose real lives are very different from the life they show online?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of a system like the one shown in Black Mirror?
- Do you think a system like that could/will happen in the real world?(after listening to the podcast)
- What do you think of a social credit system?
- How would you design one? What would you give + or – points for?
- Landlord: the person who owns the property that others rent
- Lease: a contract between the owner of a property and the person renting it
- tenant: A person who pays rent to live in somewhere
- up for grabs: available for anyone and not yet claimed
- drill down into the numbers: to do more analysis into data or statistics
- trajectory: the path followed by an object moving through space
- peripherals: Additional components besides the main parts of something
- boost: 증대시키다, increase, raise, amplify
- confined: limited, restricted
- reciprocal: mutual, shared, done in return
- velocity: the speed of an object in a particular direction
- slow poke: someone who moves slowly
- Catch you later: See you later
- to kiss ass: to say or do nice things to someone because the are your superior and you hope to please them
- unparalleled metrics: data results that are different from all others
- romantic genesis: the beginning of a romantic relationship
minor dings: small incidents of damage
Dark Mirror: Nosedive Episode Information