- What Time Is It (From “High School Musical 2”)
- The Go-Go’s – Vacation (Official Music Video)
- Standup Comedy: There’s pressure to enjoy summer
- Nicole’s Summer Playlist (pack with me)
- Wearable Fashion Trends 2022 | Spring Summer
- Plagiarism – the act of using someone else’s work or ideas without giving them proper credit Example: He was accused of plagiarism after submitting an essay that contained copied content.
- Indulge – to give in to a desire or pleasure, often excessively Example: She decided to indulge in a spa day to relax and de-stress.
- Hone – to improve or perfect a skill or ability through practice Example: He spent hours each day practicing to hone his basketball skills.
- Stipend – a fixed amount of money paid on a regular basis as salary or allowance Example: The research intern received a stipend for her work in the lab.
- Hands-on – involving active participation and practical experience rather than just theory Example: The engineering course offered students a hands-on learning experience through lab work and projects.
- Cultivate – to nurture and encourage the growth or development of something Example: He spent years cultivating his garden to create a beautiful outdoor space.
- Landmarks – prominent or significant features or events that mark a point in time or place Example: The Eiffel Tower is a famous landmark in Paris that draws millions of visitors each year.
- Maximize – to make the most of something, often by increasing its efficiency or effectiveness Example: The company’s goal was to maximize profits while minimizing expenses.
- Flex – to be adaptable or flexible in one’s approach or methods Example: The manager had to flex her leadership style to suit different team members.
- Initiative – the ability to take action and start something without being prompted or directed by others Example: She showed initiative by coming up with a new marketing campaign for the company.
- Mentor – an experienced and trusted advisor who provides guidance and support to someone less experienced Example: The young entrepreneur sought out a mentor to help her navigate the business world.
- Picturesque – visually attractive, especially in a quaint or charming way Example: The small village was nestled in a picturesque valley surrounded by rolling hills.
Test Taking Discussion Questions
- Are you a ‘good’ test taker? Do you usually stay calm or get stressed?
Do you perform well or underperform?
- How would you describe your test prep style? slow and steady or last-minute cramming?
- What have been your most memorable test-taking experiences? Good, Bad, Funny, Tragic, etc.
- What do you remember about your 수능 or other entrance exam experiences?
- Did you (or do you still) have any test-taking traditions? (e.g. special pre-test meal, lucky socks)
- How important are grades to you (and your family)? Why?
- How do you feel about grade quota systems? (e.g. 30% A’s, 40% B’s, 30% C’s )
How would you change it? What do you think is the best (fairest) way to grade students?
- What kinds of cheating did you see in high school and university?
- If you saw a friend cheating on an exam, what would you do?
- Have you ever been tempted to cheat? How so? What happened?
End of the Semester
- How was your semester? (academics, social life, health, romance, finances)
- Which classes were your favorite or least favorite?
- What were the best and worst parts of this class?
- How are you feeling about finals? Which will be easiest/most difficult?
- What will you do after your final final? Any celebrations planned?
- What else is on your mind these days?
- What are your plans for summer vacation? What are you most looking forward to this summer?
- What is on your ‘Should Do’ and your ‘Want to Do’ summer lists?
- What is your ‘best case scenario’ for summer vacation? What’s the best thing that could happen?
- What specific goals do you have for vacation – financial, academic, social, fitness, other?
- Do you have any domestic or international travel plans?
- How do you feel about hot weather?
- What is your favorite piece of summer clothing? Have you bought anything new?
- What was the hottest experience of your life?
- What are your plans for next semester?
- How are you feeling about Covid these days? Is there anything you won’t do because of Covid concerns?
Image Credits: Image by F1 Digitals from Pixabay
Leave a Reply