Videos, books, and other resources
- Feeling Good
- Authentic Happiness: Using the New Positive Psychology to Realize Your Potential for Lasting Fulfillment
- I’m Fine” – Learning To Live With Depression
- Anxiety Introduction
- Guided breathing
- Progressive muscle relaxation:
- Coping with Worries about Coronavirus
- Psychological flexibility: How love turns pain into purpose
- David Burns Feeling Good Handouts
- Feelings Wheel
- Face Covid Ebook
- Assessing Gender and Sexual Orientation Exercise
- WPATH.ORG (under resources tab)
Questions about coping with various psychological challenges
- How do I overcome social anxiety, especially when I first meet people?
- How do I reduce anxiety when I give a presentation in front of many people?
- How can we overcome stressful things about reality with COVID-19?
- What do you think about personality type tests? Would they be helpful?
- How do you manage your mental state before exams?
- What should I do when i want to kill myself?
- What should we do when we get so stressful about getting a job?
- How can we overcome our traumas or situations that we are really afraid of?
- Could you recognize some depression from someone without talking about that with them?
- What is the most effective way to overcome stress?
- How can we help others who are going through a stressful situation?
- Can panic disorder be overcome by myself?
- Do you have any good habits for mental management?
- What do you do when you are under extreme stress?
- How do you get over self-imposed anxieties?
- Do psychologists read people’s minds as usual?
- How can I overcome the slump?
- Do you know typical characteristics of psychopaths?
- What are your main tasks as a psychologist ? Are there differences to Korean compared to people from other countries?
- How can I control stress or depression? What is the way to overcome stress quickly?
- Zoom classes are more tiring than offline classes for me. Am I wrong?
- People commonly think that family is the group that can understand each other best in the world. But neither is the most incomprehensible group in the world, nor the most persuasive opponent is the family, I think. So, I want to know the method that can help us understand each other.
- Could you recommend the book?
Additional Questions (please feel free to add any questions that are not addressed above)
- I always have nightmares when I’m stressed. Is there any solution?
- What should I do if I want to cure Gender Dysphoria? How should I change?
- I’ve once had a real bestie but because of misunderstanding problems, I lost him/her. It was really hard back in the day to overcome it myself because no one was there for me and I wasn’t and still not good at dealing with those breaking up things. Even though time has passed and we don’t touch anymore, sometimes I do miss my ex-bestie and want him/her back. But everytime i think of him/her, I’m afraid to face my feelings from deep inside of me because I once experienced falling down when I tried to face myself(not actually falling, but feeling like that). So, I just decided to ignore what’s happened to me and tried to maintain my normal life. I’m not sure this is the right healthy way to solve my problem. Any tips would be so appreciated for me.
- Do psychologists counsel each other when they face something they can’t handle on their own?
- How do I live my life when I feel I’m not ready to be an adult yet? It’s about future worries like getting a job after graduation univ but still i’m so worried bc i soon graduate my school and i know i’m not ready and i still not found what career should i apply. I think people in their 20s to 30s have this problem and I’m pretty sure you’ve seen some patients having the same issues as mine. How can I deal with it in a good way?
- I’ve been thinking about going to a therapist for a while now. I know that therapists are good and all, but I’m worried about meeting a Bad Therapist, costs, and my parents judging or denying me (I know my mother has a not very good view about therapists and their patients). Do you have any tips or recommendations for meeting a therapist?
- What are the benefits of depression or depressing feelings?
Tips for Zoom/Screen fatigue
- If you can, try creating multiple workstations in your space (change of scenery can help with fatigue
- Take one minute breathing breathing breaks with eyes closed (exhale always longer) Guided breathing
- Listen to a progressive muscle relaxation recording in the middle or end of your day Progressive muscle relaxation:
- Take short walking breaks every 1-2 hours in your space
- Take cleaning or tidying up breaks throughout the day to incorporate physical activity into the day
- Try eating at regular intervals and keeping healthy snacks on hand
- Try going to bed and waking up on a regular schedule (e.g., 11 pm to 7 am)
- Stretch throughout the day (neck from side to side, downward dog stretch, arms above head and to the side, twist torso from side to side
- Try taking standing breaks from sitting while you work/study
- If you’re able, exercise even for 15-20 minutes a day can help boost your mood and keep you energized
- F.lux app helps ease eye strain